[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]This is the original DIY Deodorant recipe that I shared with you. I decided to modify it to fit MEN! This is because men tend to sweat more, which means there is more water excretion coming in contact with the bacteria living in their armpits. Their Apocrine Glands just have more to excrete!
Keep in mind that this is not an antiperspirant! It will not completely stop you from sweating. Only toxic chemicals can do that. After all, it’s healthiest to let toxins out through your sweat anyway.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Ingredients
- 2 tbsp Shea Butter
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda)
- If you have sensitive skin, start with 3/4 tbsp and work your way up
- 10 drops of Tea Tree Oil
- 10 drops of Orange Oil
- Feel free to add some Sandalwood, Cardamom, Cedar Leaf, Cedarwood, Fir needle, and/or Patchouli Oil.
- Small, oven-safe glass Bowl
- Small Saucepan
- Measuring Spoon
- Fill the saucepan with water, halfway
- Place oven-safe glass bowl in the saucepan to make sure water doesn’t spill over, or into the bowl itself. Adjust accordingly and leave glass bowl in the saucepan (this serves as your double broiler).
- Place the saucepan (with bowl in it) over low to medium heat. You don’t want the water bubbling over on you.
- Place Shea Butter into oven-safe bowl and wait for it to melt.
- Next, add Baking Soda and dissolve completely.
- Add cornstarch until melted/blended well. This may take a little longer since this is a thicker powder. It may clump up, gently break it apart until completely melted/blended.
- Once you have all other ingredients melted down, add your essential oils.
- Mix and turn stove off.
- Remove glass bowl from water. PLEASE be careful and use mittens or cloth.
- Pour into your container and let cool for an hour and a half.
If you’re new to Natural Deodorants, you may want to do this first![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]