[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]If you’ve been following along, you know that I like to get to the point when it comes to recipes! So, here it is: DIY Coconut Milk! If you’re new here, be sure to check out the bottom for more information about this recipe! Enjoy 🙂
- 4 cups of Shredded Coconut
- 8 cups of Water
- Fill your saucepan with 4 cups of water and heat
- You don’t have to boil it. You just need it HOT.
- While your water is heating, add the shredded coconut to your blender
- Pour hot water into blender
- Blend it all up, until it thickens
- Place the strainer over your bowl and pour your mixture in.
- You can use a spoon to help press the extra liquid out into the bowl
- Pour your strained liquid into your bottle and refrigerate!
Things to keep in mind:
- It’s normal for your milk to separate. Simply give it a good shake before each use.
- Keep refrigerated to prolong its freshness.
- This is good for a week.
Why Coconut Milk?
- It contains electrolytes and healthy fatty acids.
- It’s a great moisturizer! I’ve added this Coconut Milk to personal care products that I’ve made, and have noticed how well it nourishes!
- It’s dairy free! If you’re lactose intolerant/sensitive (like I am) then I know that you’re all about those milk-alternatives. Well my friend, here’s an option for you!
What can I do with the leftover coconut pulp?
- Bake your leftover shredded coconut and reuse!
- Be sure to spread it thinly on your baking sheet to get a nice crunch.
- Shredded Coconut is great for cookies, smoothie bowls, etc
- Add the wet pulp directly into a smoothie!
- You can store it in your refrigerator if you plan on using it this way later on.
- Add the wet pulp into your Banana Nicecream to add flavor and texture!